We envision a Nigeria where women and girls are free from all forms of gender-based violence, in particular Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C), and where girls and women are empowered to be actors of change and contribute to educated, healthy and skilled communities.
To contribute to the abandonment of FGM/C and other forms of violence against women and girls through accelerating positive change towards a social norm of not cutting girls by Youth Advocates of diverse organisations, duty bearers, rights holders and affected communities.
Our aim is to provide a knowledge base, good practice models and support networks to help anti-FGM/C campaigners and organisations working with communities to end FGM/C.
OUR CORE VALUES
#EndCuttingGirls Nigeria places the following principles at the core of its work:
- Respect and promotion of human rights and gender equality
- Active participation of rights holders and duty bearers in decision-making and activities
- Ownership by members (individuals and organisations)
- Accountability, integrity, transparency and professionalism in all its work
- Solidarity between organisations and respect for staff, members, individuals and allies