About End Violence
Approximately one billion children worldwide have experienced physical, sexual or psychological violence in the past year. But violence against children is not an inevitable part of life. It is preventable. We have an historic opportunity to end violence against children. The experts agree and proven solutions exist.
End Violence works with partners across sectors to build political will, promote solutions, accelerate action and strengthen collaboration. Collaboration and partnership will allow us to do together what no single government or agency can do alone, end violence against children.
Goals of Campaign
Research shows that policymakers sometimes find people more helpful than reports for bringing information and evidence to bear on policy decisions. Furthermore, the most trusted and valued messenger for policymakers is likely to be a peer. Therefore, we would like to share the voices of policymakers and children themselves from the End Violence pathfinding countries to–
- Highlight that violence is preventable and evidence based solutions exist;
- Support work to end violence against children in pathfinding countries and encourage other governments to commit to pathfinding; and
- Call upon national and international policymakers to join #ENDviolence.
Dates of Release
During the 34th UN Human Rights Council 2017, End Violence will highlight the voice of a policymaker and child from one pathfinding country each day. Check the dates below for the pathfinding countries’ release dates.
Monday, March 6 Mexico
Tuesday, March 7 Tanzania
Wednesday, March 8 Sweden
Thursday, March 9 Indonesia
Friday, March 10 El Salvador
Monday, March 13 Uganda
Tuesday, March 14 Romania
Wednesday, March 15 The Philippines
Thursday, March 16 Paraguay
Friday, March 17 Sri Lanka
Monday, March 20 Jamaica
Tuesday, March 21 Nigeria
Pictures for social channels: available here. Please click on the appropriate country folder to find a picture of a child and a policymaker of your pathfinding country that you can share via social media.
Please use: #ENDviolence and #HRC34 to join the larger conversation
Suggested Facebook Posts
- Together we can deliver on the promise of the SDGs – a world where every child grows up free from violence and exploitation. The experts agree and proven solutions exist. Follow this link to find out more about #ENDviolence: http://www.end-violence.org
- Violence against children is not an inevitable part of life. It is preventable. We have an historic opportunity to #ENDviolence. Please share this picture with your friends and colleagues.
Follow this link to learn more about how you can join End Violence: http://www.end-violence.org
- Together we can deliver on the promise of the #SDGs – a world where every child grows up free from violence. Join #ENDviolence
- Violence against children is not an inevitable part of life. Proven solutions do exist. Join #ENDviolence. #HRC34
- End Violence works with all countries that wish to be leaders in ending violence against children & delivering SDG16.2 #ENDviolence
- Collaboration and partnership will allow us to do together what no single actor can do alone – #ENDviolence against children. #HRC34
[embeddoc url=”http://new.endcuttinggirls.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Pathfinding-Country-Social-Media-Toolkit.docx” download=”all” viewer=”microsoft”]